- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium flame.
- Add potatoes and carrots and season generously with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Cook undisturbed 4-5 minutes to brown on one side, then toss and brown again for 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat, stir in shallots and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in parsley.