Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a wonderful sauce that's good with your choice of pasta. With the use of low salt chicken broth in place of some of the olive oil,it's still very tasty, and you can feel better about the salt. I recommend about three-forths of a pound of dry pasta. This makes about 1 cup.
- 2 cups Italian parsley, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine parsley, basil, walnuts Parmesan cheese and garlic in processor. Process until mixture is finely chopped.
- Add chicken broth and puree. With machine running, gradually add oil and process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: this may be prepared 2 hours in advance.