This is a wonderful sauce that's good with your choice of pasta. With the use of low salt chicken broth in place of some of the olive oil,it's still very tasty, and you can feel better about the salt. I recommend about three-forths of a pound of dry pasta. This makes about 1 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine parsley, basil, walnuts Parmesan cheese and garlic in processor. Process until mixture is finely chopped.
- 2Add chicken broth and puree. With machine running, gradually add oil and process until mixture is smooth.
- 3Transfer to large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Note: this may be prepared 2 hours in advance.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsley Pesto With Toasted Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.2
- Calories from Fat 824
- Total Fat 91.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g