Paris D's Note:
From http://iamafoodblog.com/parsley-pesto-pasta-with-broccoli-and-salmon-recipe/ The original recipe says that this is very garlicky and that you can omit one of the garlic cloves if you don't like your food quite so garlickly. The original also called for 4 ounces of pasta. The recipe only serves two people and we find 4 ounces to be WAY too much for two people, so I omitted a quantity and you can just use as much as you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over low heat shaking the pan often. The nuts take on a gorgeous golden brown color and will start smelling divine within minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- 2While your pine nuts come down to room temperature, set a pot of salted water on to boil for your pasta and roughly chop the parsley leaves.
- 3Put garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, zest, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth (or of desired pesto consistency).
- 4Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, heat up a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan. Raise the heat to medium-high and place the salmon in the pan, skin side down. Cook until the skin is crisp and brown, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook another 3 minutes or so. The salmon should flake easily when it is done. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5By now your pasta should be cooked. Drain, but reserve some of the cooking liquid. Toss the hot pasta with the cooked broccoli and some pesto. Start by adding 2 tablespoons of pesto and add more as needed. To loosen the sauce a bit, add the reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time. Mix well and enjoy hot with the salmon filet on top.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsley Pesto Pasta With Broccoli and Salmon Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 124.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of