Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make this alternative to normal basil pesto when basil is not available or when you just fancy a change! Use in the same way as normal pesto sauce.
- 56.69 g flat leaf parsley, leaves (no stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 85.04 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 56.69 g pine nuts
- 103.53 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Put all the ingredients except the oil and salt into the food processor. Whiz for a second or two, add the oil and a little salt.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
Lovely, clean and crisp taste! Such a wonderful alternative to that old stand-by...BASIL pesto! I made this two ways: exactly as written, with that garlic and exactly as written, minus the garlic. We actually preferred the garlic-free version so that the less aggressive taste of the parsley came through more clearly. I served this over whole wheat pasta with sauteed cherry tomatoes and diced, roasted chicken. You couldn't ask for anything simpler to make or more healthy! Made for Kittencal's Herb Tag Game: http://kittencalskitchen.com/forum/index.php?topic=2432.0