Recipe by Antifreesz
I grew up eating this parsley pesto. It is not as well know as basil pesto but just as tasty. Works well with pasta, poultry, vegetables and rice. You can use walnuts in place of pine nuts
Top Review by Margie99
This was wonderful. I used walnuts instead of pine nuts and I stirred in penne pasta, cooked chicken breast and steamed broccoli. It was a great meal. My Dh and I nearly fought over the leftovers. I should have added about a 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the mix to keep it moist.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups Italian parsley, packed stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated to taste
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, Course sea, favorite
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast pine nuts in in a 250 degree oven not past a light brown color.
- In a food processor place the garlic, parsley, salt, Pine nuts, and cheese.
- Process until they form a paste.
- Gradually blend in olive oil, taste adjust your seasoning if necessary.