Recipe by Sharon123
These taste great, even without the sauce! Good served with buttered sliced carrots. From Woman's Day magazine. The English and French both used lots of cream in their recipes.
Top Review by quickerworksforme
Thins was incredibly delicious! It was so simple. I even used extra lean beef and it was so juicy and tasty. Served over mashed potatoes with buttered peas and got rave reviews from everyone.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef round
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons very coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, preferably coarse
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth or 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meat mixture ingredients until well blended.
- Shape into four 1 1/4-inch thick patties.
- Press pepper into flat sides.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle salt over bottom of a large nonstick skillet.
- Place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add patties and cook until well browned on both sides and no longer pink in centers, about 15 minutes.
- If not making the sauce, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
- If servinig with sauce, remove patties to warm plates.
- Remove any excess fat in skillet, leaving brown (not burned;) bits.
- Add brandy or broth and cook and stir until reduced to about 2 tbls.
- Add cream and butter.
- Stir over high heat until reduced to 3 tbls.
- Spoon over meat.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Makes 4 servings.