Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I have become a crouton lover after coming to the United States - Need I say any more? :-)
- 1 cup white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons pure wesson canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
- Cut each slice into a square or decorative shape.
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet or frying pan.
- Once the oil is moderately hot, toss in the bread.
- Cook on moderate heat, stirring continuously, until lightly browned all over.
- Remove from heat and transfer to clean paper towels to allow to drain out the excess oil or butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Now, with alot of care, roll the edges of the croutons in the chopped parsley.
- Do one crouton at a time.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and put a parsley leaf in the center of each crouton, i.
- ,on the top and in the center of each.
- Likewise, repeat for all croutons.
- Serve over soup!