Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Another yummy recipe from my Microwave cookbook. Ready in less than 15 minutes, this 3 ingredient side dish is easier than apple pie :-) Really...
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml carrots, sliced into 1/3 inch pieces
- 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- Place butter in a small casserole.
- Cook in a microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add carrots and parsley flakes, stir and mix well.
- Cook at HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
This is great. I tried this using baby carrots to cut the prep time to zero. Try adding a teaspoon of dill seed and a teaspoon of lemon, for a little extra something special. Delish!
These were very good. Quick and only a few ingredients. Made them to go with a roast and mashed potatoes. My husband just about hogged them all!
So easy and absolutely devoured I used 3 medium/large carrots and cut them diagonly and only used 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and 3/4 tablespoon of dried parsley and they were great - would be more than happy to use this as a basic tecnique in the future and maybe do with some honey for a sweet carrot or add some spice or curry for something with a little heat, you could let the imagination go a little wild here. Thank you Anu, made for Healthy Choices ABC.