Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an Aussie BBQ Cookbook, a very mild tasting alternative to garlic bread, it's best to use butter rather than margarine for this one.
- 1 French baguette
- 100 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Slice bread into 2cm slices without cutting through base.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together and spread on both sides of bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and heat through in oven or on BBQ for 20-30 minutes.
As I was only making for 3 I used a small baguette and only used half the butter, freezing remainder for a later use. The only change I would make is to finely grate the cheese next time instead of the larger grated strips as I think finely grated would mix and spread better. Thank you **Mandy**, made for Make My Recipe tag game.
We loved this great bread! The small amount of lemon juice gave this a bright flavor and was very nice with the parsley. Used a loaf of Italian bread and it got nice and crispy on the outside with all that yummy melted butter inside. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I know that the filling is not suppose to be on top. But I could not open each slices to spead it. So I put everything on top. My baguette was too hard. It was still delicious. A bit messy and yummy. Thanks Mandy. Made for Beverage tag.