Recipe by lemoncurd
A very easy salad, which is a very common salad in the whole of the middle east. The dressing is optional.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This gets 5 stars because *I* loved it!! dd#2 liked it, dd#1 did NOT, dh didn't care for it much. I was overjoyed to eat it all! I used a shallot in place of red onion. I did add the dressing. Yuummm-O. Made for Go to Saudi Arabia in the NA/ME Forum 6/13.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sumaq
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- extra virgin olive oil, drizzle
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop of stems of parsley . Rinse the leaves.
- Bunch parsley up and roughly chop.
- Add parsley to a bowl.
- Peel and slice onion into thin slivers.
- Add onion slivers to parsley.
- Add seasoning, dressing and toss altogether.
- Serve as a salad or with meat dishes, with falafal sandwiches and beef sharwarma sandwiches.