Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a typical Middle Eastern salad that goes great with grilled meats. The onions are pre-soaked to take away the bite, but if you have sweet onions on hand, you can skip this step. I love the flavor of sumac, and it really adds something to this dish.
- Soak the onions in 2 cups hot water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and spread to dry on paper towels.
- Transfer the onions to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.