Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just can't wait for summertime when my herb garden is in its' full bloom. One thing I really enjoy using fresh herbs in is Herbed Butters. Herbed butters are an easy and simple way of adding the delicious flavors of fresh herbs to your snacks and meals. Use on sandwiches, fresh baked breads, toast and crackers; add to grilled meats, fish, and vegetables. Imagine how impressed your guests will be when you serve butter mixed with fresh herbs from your own garden at mealtime! Don't limit yourself to just this recipe! You can create your own Herbed Butter recipes just by choosing between your favorite well flavored herbs such as Chives, Garlic, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Tarragon and Thyme. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 8 ounces butter, slightly softened
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Beat the herbs into the butter; add the lemon juice and seasoning and mix until smooth.
- Chill well before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use or freeze in ice-cube trays for handy ready to use portions.
This butter is delicious. DH and I love Pepperidge Farms garlic toast and my DH said today that this is ten times better and I have to agree. The only thing I added was minced garlic. Its very simple to make. I'm going to put some in the ice trays as mentioned too. I can't wait to try on meats and other foods. Thanks for sharing this delicious butter Carla! It's Yummy! :)