Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I came across this in a 2001 Indian newspaper while doing Spring Cleaning :) I think it sounds great! If you do try it out, let me know the feedback on this one. Thanks and Cheers!
- 1 kg chicken, cleaned, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 6 green chilies, washed and slit
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs, to coat the chicken pieces
- oil, to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- In the grinder, grind together the garlic, ginger, corriander leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds and onion.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the salad oil, flour and Worcestershire sauce to the prepared masala paste.
- Dip the chicken pieces in this mixture and coat well with the masala on both sides.
- Allow to marinate for 8 hours.
- Thereafter, beat an egg in a bowl and dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg.
- Coat the chicken pieces dipped in egg with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in the oil until lightly browned on either side and thoroughly cooked.
- Drain on a clean kitchen paper towel.
- Serve hot.