Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Moi & Cie.
- 4 flank steaks (7 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- Put the 4 first ingredient of the marinade in a bowl. Mix with mixer, at medium speed until creamy.
- Add oil gradually in a thin fillet, while beating, until it has the texture of a mayonnaise.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and stir well.
- Put marinade in a dish. Add flank steak (or you can use a freezer bag). Let marinate at least 24 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat barbecue.
- Grill the flank steaks 5 minutes each side or until ready for you.
This was really good. I marinated the steak for about 18 hours. The meat caramelized nicely because of the sugars in the marinade. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks Boomette! :)
This is such an amazingly different taste for a steak! I loved it! I do have to say it is best eaten immediately after prepared, since the next days reheated leftovers were not nearly so tasty. Mine marinated for about 30 hours....didn't get to leave work on time and so it couldn't be helped. This was a truly, enjoyable meal. Thanks for sharing!