1/1 Photo of Parmigiana Thighs with Creamy Noodles
Chicken thighs baked layered with sauce and cheese, served over creamy broad egg noodles. My favorite way to make chicken thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (700 ml) jar ragu aged romano and parmesan pasta sauce (or other chunky cheesy type pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups aged white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (375 g) bag broad egg noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1One at a time place the thighs between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin until flattened to approx 1/4" thickness.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Put the flour on a plate and dredge both side of the thighs in the flour.
- 4Fry the flour coated thighs in batches by melting 1 tbsp butter in a nonstick pan and frying 4 of the thighs.
- 5Turn once, cooking until the thighs are lightly browned and barely done (don't worry if they're underdone, they'll finish cooking in the oven).
- 6Repeat until all the thighs are cooked this way.
- 7Place 6 thighs in a 13" x 9" pan (overlapping if necessary), top with 1/2 the pasta sauce and 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- 8Place the remaining thighs evenly on top and cover evenly with remaining pasta sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- 10Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- 12About 10 minutes before thighs are ready, cook the broad egg noodles according to package directions, drain well and return to pot.
- 13Add the cream of chicken soup and 1/2 c cheddar and stir over very low heat until cheddar is melted and pasta is evenly coated.
- 14Cover and keep warm until thighs are done.
- 15Serve the thighs and sauce either over or beside the broad egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmigiana Thighs with Creamy Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.4
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.9 mg
- Sodium 1276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 42.7 g