Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken thighs baked layered with sauce and cheese, served over creamy broad egg noodles. My favorite way to make chicken thighs.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (700 ml) jarragu aged romano and parmesan pasta sauce (or other chunky cheesy type pasta sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups aged white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (375 g) bag broad egg noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- One at a time place the thighs between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin until flattened to approx 1/4" thickness.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the flour on a plate and dredge both side of the thighs in the flour.
- Fry the flour coated thighs in batches by melting 1 tbsp butter in a nonstick pan and frying 4 of the thighs.
- Turn once, cooking until the thighs are lightly browned and barely done (don't worry if they're underdone, they'll finish cooking in the oven).
- Repeat until all the thighs are cooked this way.
- Place 6 thighs in a 13" x 9" pan (overlapping if necessary), top with 1/2 the pasta sauce and 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- Place the remaining thighs evenly on top and cover evenly with remaining pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- About 10 minutes before thighs are ready, cook the broad egg noodles according to package directions, drain well and return to pot.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and 1/2 c cheddar and stir over very low heat until cheddar is melted and pasta is evenly coated.
- Cover and keep warm until thighs are done.
- Serve the thighs and sauce either over or beside the broad egg noodles.
Thumbs up! Used chicken tenderloins so they only needed minimal pounding. For cheese sauce went with Classico 4 Cheese Alfredo. I think this was great the way it is, but mushrooms and pimento added would be nice. Served w/green beans that I had canned this past summer. Thanks for another Great One *Pixie*!