Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from Taste Of Home magazine and they described this bread as "having a rugged look that adds to its old fashioned appeal." Not only is that true, but it tastes great!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean, when inserted towards the center.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
This bread is great! Perfect to serve with soups and stews or just on its own with butter.