Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted a little variety in the visual look in my meal. I also love waffle fries because they look cool, so I came up with this. They also work well because they hold the seasonings better than a typical "stick" fry.
- 1 (22 ounce) packagefrozen waffle-shaped French fries
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (canned stuff is what I use)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil, for binding
- Heat oven according to package directions and cook until crisp.
- While fries bake, in a small bowl, combine dry seasonings and just enough oil to make a thin dressing (approximately 1-2 tbsp.).
- When fries are done, toss immediately with oil and herb mixture. Drain any excess oil and serve immediately.
We loved these at our house!
I love recipes that almost effortlessly take the normal to the next level! This was no exception! I used fresh parmesan (instead of the stuff in the can) and all my herbs were fresh (I made my own Italian blend with them). I used a very minimal amount of oil and the seasoning and cheese adhered nicely. With all the seasonings in the recipe salt is not even necessary - we loved this as well! Thanks Amy!
These didn't taste as great as I thought they would. After I tossed the fries with the oil mixture, they were then a bit soggy, so I had to put them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp up. I think it would be better to toss the fries with the mixture before cooking so they are seasoned by the time they are nice and crisp. It is a good idea for spicing up boring fries though, so I will probably make it again and just try to adjust it to fit our tastes. I agree with a previous poster that garlic might be a nice addition. Thanks for posting!