Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A thin wafer made just from finely grated parmesan cheese baked in the oven. Wonderful as an elegant topper for your salads or entrees. As a bonus they are gluten free. Great to use instead of croutons. I have seen these in a magazine jazzed up with chilli flakes and very finely chopped walnuts- I haven't tried them this way yet
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 pieces baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400F).
- Draw 5cm circles (2 inch) on the back of your baking paper as a guide to make your wafers. Use a good quality paper.
- Line 2 baking trays with the paper.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the circles to form the wafers.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool and set on the trays.
These can also be done on the stovetop in a non-stick skillet if you're just making a few. Add a little fresh ground black pepper. You can also take the warm wafer and place it over a coffiee cup or bowl to shape into an edible salad bowl. Easy, easy, easy, and elegant.
Made for Recipe Swap #22 Aus/NZ. I've never made these before, but have always wanted to. These were so easy and tasted great and I'll make them over and over again. Thanks for posting this recipe, Julie!
Yay! I've had these before with a ceasar salad and loved em and always wondered how to make up! who woulda guessed they were so simple! unfortunately some of mine stayed in the oven too long (i'd say check on em often cause 10 mins burnt some of mine). but the ones that came out good were sooooo tasty!!! i would upload a pic but ritas r so much prettier so i wont! great and simple recipe and can add em to anything! thanks jubes!!! made for recipe swap