Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cold veggie salad is a hit every time I take it to a picnic. Never a floret left in the bowl! Even though there a quite a few broccoli/cauliflower salads posted, I couldn't find one quite like this, so give it a try. (Please use real grated Parmesan - not the green stuff!)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked &,crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, sugar, basil and salt.
- Add all remaining ingredients& toss to coat.
- Cover& refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Have been making this for over a year now...everyone wants the recipe, and it is perfect for large gatherings! Super yummy!! thanks KeyWee!
This is better than your average broccoli salad!! Wonderful flavors, great textures, and serves a lot of people! Everyone at the cookout we attended thanks you for this great recipe :) Many of them asked for the recipe!