Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- caraway seeds or poppy seed
- Cream butter,add cheese and sour cream,beating well at medium speed on mixer.
- Combine flour and italian seasoning.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture, blending until smooth.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, divide in half.
- Roll out half of dough into 12x7 inch rectangle and cut into 6x1/2 inch strips.
- Twist each strip 2-3 times and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaning dough.
- Combine egg, yolk, and water.
- Brush strips with egg mixture, sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
I loved this simple recipe for breadsticks I could make in a flash -- with ingredients I nearly always have on-hand. I struggled a little with making all the twists a uniform size; nevertheless, the end result was a light, crispy, cheesy breadstick. I served these with Kim127's Antipasto Pasta Salad -- a wonderful make-ahead meal, perfect for a picnic!!