Recipe by MarieRynr
This recipe is in July's issue of Delicious magazine. The picture looked fabulous so I knew I had to try it and I was not dissappointed. It's almost like an oven baked turkey parmesan, with roasted potatoes and tomatoes. It really is delicious!
- 800 g large new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 turkey steaks, breasts, cut into strips
- fresh basil leaf, larger leaves torn
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220*C. Put the potatoes into a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, season and mix. Roast in the oven, turning halfway. Mix in the tomatoes and roast for a further 10 minutes, until they've begun to wilt.
- Meanwhile, spread the parmesan onto a large plate and season with plenty of black pepper.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until frothy.
- coat the turkey strips in the egg whites, then press each one into the Parmesan mixture to roughly cover.
- Put in 1 layer on a large non stick baking tray. When the potatoes have 20 minutes cooking time left, pop the turkey into the oven. Cook, turning halfway with a spatula, until cooked and golden. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Divide the turkey between 4 plates. Stir the torn basil leaves into the potatoes and divide between the plates. Garnish with lemon quarters.