Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple Meals at Yahoo Groups.
Make and share this Parmesan Turkey With Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces turkey breast tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedried spinach fettuccine
- 4 medium zucchini (about 3-1/2 cups) or 4 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 3-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups low-fat chunky pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut turkey tenderloin into 6 even pieces.
- In a shallow bowl combine Grape Nuts cereal, Parmesan or Romano cheese, Italian seasoning, and ground red pepper.
- In another shallow bowl slightly beat together egg white and water.
- Dip tenderloin pieces in egg white mixture, then coat with cereal mixture.
- Place turkey in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until turkey is no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta, add zucchini or summer squash to pasta. Drain pasta mixture; set aside. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan heat pasta sauce.
- To serve, arrange pasta and squash on dinner plates. Top with turkey and sauce.