Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick snack or appetizer with items I always have on hand. Sometimes I top these with a sprinkle of paprika for some color.
- 15 Triscuit crackers (I use reduced-fat)
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 15 slice parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler to 400°.
- Place Triscuit crackers on a baking sheet. Whisk olive oil and garlic powder together*; brush onto each Triscuit.
- Top each with a slice of parmesan.
- Broil for 5 minutes, until cheese bubbles.
- *I have an olive oil mister, so I sometimes quickly spray the Triscuits with olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic. Other spices would be great too :).
I eat these quite often myself, but I use aged Gouda (hard to find the GOOD stuff in the U.S., but Old Amsterdam is one excellent brand) and omit the olive oil since there's enough in the cheese. Then I just nuke them until the cheese melts. Yummage City!
Such a tasty little treat that is so easy with very few ingredients. I love parmesan cheese, so these were just perfect for a light snack.
Oh, yum. Yum. Just - yum. I've been doing toasted cheese on Triscuits since I was a kid, but have never tried parmesan and garlic powder. These are perfect!