Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This a recipe from Giada de Laurentiis on Food Network.
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 12 (72 inch) corn tortillas
- 236.59 ml freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Whisk the oil, oregano, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat just until warm.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Brush the oil mixture over both sides of the tortillas. Stack the tortillas and cut them into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide strips. Arrange the strips in a single layer over the baking sheets. Sprinkle the cheese and salt over the strips. Bake until the strips are golden brown and crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Do-Ahead Tip: The tortilla strips can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in airtight containers and keep at room temperature.
These were a hit at two different dinner parties. People at both parties kept asking me where I bought them. When I told them I made them, they nearly fell out of their chairs! These crisps are super good and fancy. I serve them standing up in glasses (tumbers or wine glasses) for a fancy presentation.
Yummy little crisps! We had these with some other Italian food tonight. Watch these carefully that they don't get too brown. Made for Spring Pac '08
I've been making these for a while. They're great with pasta dishes and soup. I've made them recently when I made "TSR Version of T.G.I. Friday's Black Bean Soup by Todd Wilbur". These are great for the kids to make; easy, and it's just like painting. Instead of just the oregano I use an Italian seasoning mix. The full recipe sounds like a lot but they sometimes all go before we even start our meal. Very good recipe!