Prep 10 mins
Cook 60 hrs
This makes a nice snack or appetizer. A serving is 5 crackers with 2 T of spread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- cracker, for serving
- Mix cheeses and sour cream in medium bowl until well blended.
- Stir in tomatoes, onions and basil; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a spread with the crackers.
This is a fabulous spread!!! It is so refreshing and very flavourful!!!! I luved the combination of green onion and tomato with the basil! Mmmm! I think some garlic might be a nice additon, too.
I used a fat-reduced sour cream and low-fat cream cheese with very nice results.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing another keeper of a recipe with us, Lainey!
Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag July 2010.
This is a great spread for crackers! I left out the green onion, otherwise made as specified. The parmesan, basil and tomatoes gave this great flavor. Served with Ritz crackers and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This spread was loved by all. It was DS birthday (already 3 years old). I served it with tostitos. I used fat-free sour cream. And low fat cream cheese. Thanks Lainey. Made for Holiday tag.