Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
YUMMY! It's so simple and quick to make. If you like to use fresh ingredients, this is an excellent colourful side dish and you'll impress your family or guests.
- 4 ears fresh whole corn
- 2 -3 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a big pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add whole corns.
- Cover and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut tomatoes in halves, scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Dice them and place in serving dish or bowl.
- Finely grate parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- (do not use the pre-grated parmesan cheese at the store, it has to be fresh as there would be a great taste difference).
- set aside.
- When corns are cooked and slightly cooled, use a sharp knife and slide it down along each corn to get as much corn kiblets as possible.
- Add the kiblets to the bowl of tomatoes.
- Add Chopped basil leaves.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix and serve.