Recipe by annconnolly
This is a very easy & tasty to prepare tilapia. You can also use it with other mild fishes.
Top Review by jessicaann91
While the breading was pretty tasty, the dish overall seemed unnecessarily fussy for the overall flavor payout. In my opinion the proportions were off as well. I used much less salt and butter than called for and still felt the dish mainly tasted like salted butter. (I mean I love butter as much as the next gal, but if I've taken the time to measure out a bunch of other spices, I'd like to taste them too). That said, it was a hit with the boyfriend that could be prepared pretty quickly. All in all, it was ok, but I won't be making it again.
- 6 pan-dressed tilapia fillets
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Dip tilapia in melted butter or oil and roll in crumb mixture.
- Arrange the tilapia fillets in well-greased 14" by 9" by 2" baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until tilapia fillets flake easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.