Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy & tasty to prepare tilapia. You can also use it with other mild fishes.
- 6 pan-dressed tilapia fillets
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- lemon wedge
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Dip tilapia in melted butter or oil and roll in crumb mixture.
- Arrange the tilapia fillets in well-greased 14" by 9" by 2" baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until tilapia fillets flake easily.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
While the breading was pretty tasty, the dish overall seemed unnecessarily fussy for the overall flavor payout. In my opinion the proportions were off as well. I used much less salt and butter than called for and still felt the dish mainly tasted like salted butter. (I mean I love butter as much as the next gal, but if I've taken the time to measure out a bunch of other spices, I'd like to taste them too). That said, it was a hit with the boyfriend that could be prepared pretty quickly. All in all, it was ok, but I won't be making it again.
The fish was moist and the coating was flavorful, however, my family just doesn't like Tilapia. They refer to it as the "facial tissue fish", LOL! I on the other hand like Tilapia for its mild flavor. I used Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs and even though I bought a lemon, I forgot to serve it. LOL! Next time, I'll use the coating on the fish Orange Roughy.
great recipe,the tilapia was enhanced by all of the flavors ,will defintly cook this again.very easy ,and fast