Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a favorite of a local doctor that was printed in our town newspaper back in 1989. If made in extra small pieces, it makes a great appetizer or hors d'oeuvre. Larger sized pieces of potato make the perfect side dish tor most any entree.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Cut potatoes into wedges or slices, depending on size desired. You may leave skins on or peel them.
- Mix flour and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Add potato pieces to bag and shake to cover all surfaces.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Place potatoes in baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 60 minutes. Turn once at 30 minutes.
Oh, these were good! They were like KFC potato wedges but way better. I used red skins and left the skins on. I was worried about the coating sticking to the skins but there was no problem with that. I added a bunch of garlic powder to the flour mixture cause we love garlic. You could really add any spices you like and change this up all the time with stuff like cajun spice, lemon pepper... I will be making these yummy taters again! Thanks, DuChick! Made for PAC fall 2009.
These were very good, but mine did not turn a golden brown color after an hour. I even made half the amount! Not quite sure why that happened. I probably would have had to cook another 1/2 hour to get that color, but the potatoes were already soft. But otherwise, the flavor was wonderful. I also mixed in some minced garlic with the butter. Yum! Thanks for posting!
So, so Good! Our family loves seasoned potatoes, and we were definitely not disappointed. I left the skins on, and cut each potato into 8 wedges. It took a little longer to bake, but the results were outstanding! We will be having these again! Thanks for sharing!