Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Homemade "crackers"... you sure don't need any dips to go with these. Heatlovers can add cayenne to the flour as we sometimes do.
- 5 ounces butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh grated is best)
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- Pre heat oven to 350 and 2 line cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Beat butter until light and creamy, add 3/4 cup of parmesan and all cheddar, continue beating until combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, lemon pepper and sunflower seeds with a metal spoon or fork then get your floured hands in there and work it into a ball.
- Place on floured bench or board and knead for a few minutes until it feels smooth.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch squares and place on cookie sheets allowing room for spreading (about 15 per sheet).
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (watch 'em toward the end; they should be golden). Let cool on sheets before lifting off with spatula.
Munchy crunchy ,good and healthy.Three crackers = 1 slice of bread and 1 fat ,plus soup or salad for your diet.