Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I had an opened bag of stuffing mix that needed to be used up and came up with this. It came out crispier than when I use breadcrumbs!
Top Review by Debbwl
A juicy tender chicken that with a stuffing flavored coating that will make young and old alike run to the table. I made as using 2 jumbo sizes chicken breast and stove top stuffing mix, I did skip the food processer step and ponded with my fist instead (bad day LOL) and the salt as there is a lot of salt in the stuffing mix. Thanks for the yummy post.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (thighs were used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed prepared stuffing, crumbs (use food processor to crumb)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees F.
- Place cubed-stuffing crumbs in a shallow dish; add onion powder, celery seed, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese-stir to combine.
- Ina separate shallow dish combine the beaten eggs, milk and seasoning salt.
- Coat chicken one piece at a time in the crumb mixture, then in the egg mixture and back in the crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet (I bake mine on a cooling rack placed on the baking sheet so both side get crispy).
- Bake until chicken is done/juices are clear 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken.