Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had an opened bag of stuffing mix that needed to be used up and came up with this. It came out crispier than when I use breadcrumbs!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (thighs were used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed prepared stuffing, crumbs (use food processor to crumb)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees F.
- Place cubed-stuffing crumbs in a shallow dish; add onion powder, celery seed, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese-stir to combine.
- Ina separate shallow dish combine the beaten eggs, milk and seasoning salt.
- Coat chicken one piece at a time in the crumb mixture, then in the egg mixture and back in the crumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet (I bake mine on a cooling rack placed on the baking sheet so both side get crispy).
- Bake until chicken is done/juices are clear 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken.
A juicy tender chicken that with a stuffing flavored coating that will make young and old alike run to the table. I made as using 2 jumbo sizes chicken breast and stove top stuffing mix, I did skip the food processer step and ponded with my fist instead (bad day LOL) and the salt as there is a lot of salt in the stuffing mix. Thanks for the yummy post.
Words can not describe this was !!! Made recipe as posted with no changes. I did put the chicken pieces on the chicken rack. Great idea !! Who would of thought.. Anyway this all around recipe had great crust, and wonderful flavors .. Definately a keeper here. Made for Recipe Swap #47..
This turned out so good. I used a stuffing mix that wasn't cubes, just a crumbled stuffing, so I only processed it for about 30 seconds. I also used a chicken flavor stuffing mix. What a great tip you gave about putting the chicken pieces on a cooling rack placed inside the baking sheet. I'd never thought of doing that before, and it did make both sides of the chicken very crispy. Using the stuffing mix does make a really great crust which we all loved and the chicken turned out nice and moist, and so delicious!