Top Review by JoAnn
We really enjoyed these stuffed tomatoes. I had Italian Seasoned bread crumbs so I used those. All the flavors worked together well and the additon of chopped onions gave it a nice crunch. Instead of cutting tomatoes in half I sliced a top of the top, scooped out insides and filled with mixture.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium-size tomatoes, ripe
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs with Parmesan, parsley, chives, tarragon, and pepper.
- Mix onion, seasoned bread crumbs, and melted butter.
- Cut tomatoes in half (horizontally) and seed them.
- Fill with bread crumbs and bake in buttered baking dish for about ten minutes at 350 degrees.
- Starting with room temperature tomatoes reduces cooking time and helps assure a firm tomato is served to guests.