Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious! This makes enough stuffing for about 24-30 mushrooms. If you only want to make 12, make only half the stuffing.
- 12 large stuffing mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- melted butter
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and chop.
- Cook in 1 tablespoons butter until liquid is evaporated.
- Combine cooked stems with remaining ingredients except olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. If needed, add remaining olive oil.
- Dip cap in melted butter and stuff with Parmesan mixture.
- Arrange in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.