Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Found this in the Junior League cookbook "Always in Season." These are listed as an appetizer but they sound like they could be nice as a side for soup or to dunk into a dip. Other breads might be good too, like rye, pumpernickle or whole wheat.
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices white bread
- Combine cheese, onion, mayonnaise and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill in the refergator for 8 hours or longer.
- Cut each slice of bread with a star cutter (or other shape that fits inside the bread slice).
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture evenly on each shape.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet (sprayed with cooking oil) and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Had these on whole wheat and everybody loved it.