Recipe by Little Bee
These are absolutely delicious! They are fairly easy to make and sure to dissapear quickly at your next gathering.
Top Review by Ba8y6irl
I wonder if the garlic breadsticks would be a good substitute? They don't sell the parmesan ones here, but they do sell garlic ones. Maybe if I omit the garlic powder these would work them same? Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 1 egg
- 2 (10 5/8 ounce) packagespillsbury refrigerated parmesan breadsticks
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeeze well to drain and place in colander.
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine egg and contents of both containers of parmesan spread from breadsticks; beat well with wire whisk.
- Add spinach, cheese and lemon juice, garlic powder; mix well.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour.
- Un roll dough onto floured surface.
- Separate into 20 breadsticks.
- Press or roll each breadstick to form 7 x 1 1/2-inch strip.
- Spread each strip with about 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture.
- Roll up, starting at shortest end; pinch end of dough to seal.
- Place rolls, cut side up, 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.