Recipe by Debbwl
My version of a nice cheese little spinach cake from EatingWell. The sit time is important or they will not hold together. These are moist, light and tender. I used a knife and spoon to remove from tin and had no problems. **5 minute sit time not included in cook time**
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In medium bow. mix spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, eggbeaters, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat 8 cups of a muffin tin with Pam cooking spray.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups.
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and gently lift out.
- Server warm, sprinkle with more Parmesan. A little fresh raw tomato basil sauce is nice with these.