Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve hot with a salad and/or grilled meat.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F, or just a few degrees higher.
- Separate the eggs. Scramble the yolks, and put the whites in a bowl that you will mix with a mixer, and keep this bowl at room temperature.
- Melt 1 1/2 ounces of butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour, and stir for half a minute.
- Add the milk little by little, and thicken, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. (Don't add the milk so fast you lose the temperature of the mixture.).
- Add a little salt, some pepper and a few pinches of ground numteg.
- Away from the heat, incorporate the egg yolks and the grated parmesan into the thickened milk mix.
- Now, mix the egg whites until quite firm and stiff. Fold this gently into the mixture right away.
- Butter 4 ramekins or small souffle dishes with about 1/2 ounce of butter.
- Pour the parmesan souffle mixture 3/4 full of each ramekin.
- Put into the oven, and cook 12 - 15 mintes.
- (An inserted skewer will come out clean.).