Recipe by Cookinmomof3
THE ABSOLUTE BEST mashed potatoes you'll ever have-hands down!! Super simple to make and the taste will have everyone begging for more!!!
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano, reggiano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook potatoes until fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon or hand-held strainer to transfer cooked potatoes to shallow bowl or serving dish and reserve hot cooking water.
- Top potatoes with butter, parmigiano reggiano, salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to smash the potatoes, adding cooking liquid as necessary to make the potatoes as creamy as you like (I do about 1/2 cup total).
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!