Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are yummy!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and 1 tablespoons salt in a 4 quart saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 30-45 minutes, until completely tender. Drain.
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, mix potatoes for a few seconds to break them up.
- In a small saucepan, heat half and half and butter.
- Add them slowly to the potatoes, mixing on the lowest speed. The last quarter of the cream should be folded in by hand.
- Fold in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Very good potatoes!!! Definitely not for the dieters, but no gravy needed. They taste great and are very easy to make, would make again. I cut the recipe in half because there were only 3 of us for dinner. I followed the directions exactly and they turned out great. Thank you for a great recipe. I served this with Pork Chops in Onion sauce and Corn On The Cob.