Recipe by teresas
Shrimp can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours before using. Toss in cheese just before cooking. Prepare Dressing up to a few hour in advance. If possible , use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If basil is out of season, substitute parsley.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Thoroughly enjoyed a winderful shrimp dinner with your recipe! Easy to make & absolutely delicious, & my other half, who particularly like Parmesan, was especially satisfied! Definitely a recipe to keep around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 12 ounces jumbo shrimp, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Remove back vein, flatten with rolling pin. (butterfly them).
- Toss shrimp in Parmesan cheese. Heat butter and oil in pan, add shrimp, cook quickly on both side until light golden brown.
- Do not overcook or shrimp will toughen.
- Drain on paper towels immediately.
- Serve with lettuce (I use romaine), cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges.
- Top with Basil Dressing.
- Basil Dressing: combine all ingredients, mix well.