Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Shrimp can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours before using. Toss in cheese just before cooking. Prepare Dressing up to a few hour in advance. If possible , use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If basil is out of season, substitute parsley.
- Shell shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Remove back vein, flatten with rolling pin. (butterfly them).
- Toss shrimp in Parmesan cheese. Heat butter and oil in pan, add shrimp, cook quickly on both side until light golden brown.
- Do not overcook or shrimp will toughen.
- Drain on paper towels immediately.
- Serve with lettuce (I use romaine), cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges.
- Top with Basil Dressing.
- Basil Dressing: combine all ingredients, mix well.
Thoroughly enjoyed a winderful shrimp dinner with your recipe! Easy to make & absolutely delicious, & my other half, who particularly like Parmesan, was especially satisfied! Definitely a recipe to keep around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
This was a big hit! I made this exactly as posted, although I made a bed of baby lettuces as a base for the shrimp. While some of the cheese did not adhere very well, there was still plenty to pack it with flavor. What pulled the whole thing together was the basil dressing - it was just fabulous. I could see making the dressing alone for a simple salad. Really, really nice recipe!
This was tasty and different, I liked the cheese but wished it had stuck to the shrimp more. I used a slightly smaller shrimp and added a little lemon juice to the dressing for more zing. Next time I would add some garlic. I really appreciated how quick it was to make. Made for Best of 2010 Tag