Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups italian tomato sauce
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Rinse them under cold water and drain.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour and then dip them in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Fry shrimp and blot.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Add the shrimp.
- Spoon the remainder of the tomato sauce on the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the shrimp.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350: F oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese.
This is very similar to an Atkins recipe that I make. It's delicious and super easy to prepare.
We tried this recipe last weekend and it tasted exellent although i used cooked shrimp, if i used uncooked it might even be better, hard to imagine, very good.
I LOVED this recipe! I live in the south now, but used to live in an Italian community and haven't made this in years. It was simple and very yummy! Tasted like my memories! Wish there had been lots of leftovers, but will double it next time. don't change a thing!