Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sugar has been omitted from these butter-rich savory shortbread cookies and replaced with tangy Parmesan cheese! What a yummy snack! We like to eat a few of these lightly salty biscuits with a ripe juicy pear. These would also be good alongside a nice bowl of minestrone. Get authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese if you can.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with buttered foil.
- Beat all ingredients except flour in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and continue to mix at lowest speed until smooth dough forms.
- Scrape dough into pan and press evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Pierce dough randomly with a floured fork.
- Bake 35 minutes until firm.
- Let cool slightly then invert pan over your cutting board.
- Remove the foil and cut the shortbread into 2 inch squares.