Recipe by alhardin
I am constantly trying to find ways to make egg's taste less like eggs, since I have a very picky 7 year old eater who despises eggs. This recipe is very easy and uses things that I always have on hand so that's very important to me. My 'non-egg eater' even ate them!
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄4 cup of shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Smart Balance in a small saute pan on medium heat to melt.
- Put eggs, Parmesan, half-and-half, salt, pepper, chives, parsley and liquid butter into a blender (I use my magic bullet) or you can use a mixer, and mix shortly just until well blended (if you blend too long it will get foamy).
- Pour mixture into your pan with the melted butter and start whisking with a rubber whisk. Whisk constantly or the eggs will start to stick to the pan and you will not get the same taste.
- When the eggs are starting to get thicker add the shredded cheese and continue whisking until mixture is well cooked (you don't want them totally dry, just a bit moist).
- Take out of pan and serve while still warm.