From Everyday Italian on Foodnetwork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 510.29 g center-cut salmon fillets, about 9 by 4 inches, skinned
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil, for drizzling
- dipping sauce
- 78.07 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley or 14.79 ml chives
- 1For the Fish Sticks:
- 2Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 3Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the fish in half to make 2 fillets each about 4 by 4 1/2-inches in size. Starting on the longest edge, slice the fillets into 1/2-inch pieces. Lay the widest pieces, from the center, cut side down, and slice in half lengthways so all the pieces are equally about 1/2 by 1/2 by 4 1/2-inches in size.
- 4Place the flour in a medium bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- 5Coat the salmon pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured salmon in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish. Place the breaded salmon pieces on a liberally oiled baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 6For the Dipping Sauce:.
- 7Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and parsley (or chives, if using) in a small dipping bowl.
- 8Arrange the fish sticks on a serving platter and serve with the dipping sauce.
- 9Cook's Note: The fish sticks can also be dipped in ketchup, marinara sauce, pesto, ranch dressing or vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Salmon Fish Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 1394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: