Prep 17 mins
Cook 17 mins
From Everyday Italian on Foodnetwork.
Make and share this Parmesan Salmon Fish Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, about 9 by 4 inches, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil, for drizzling
- dipping sauce
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon chives
- For the Fish Sticks:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the fish in half to make 2 fillets each about 4 by 4 1/2-inches in size. Starting on the longest edge, slice the fillets into 1/2-inch pieces. Lay the widest pieces, from the center, cut side down, and slice in half lengthways so all the pieces are equally about 1/2 by 1/2 by 4 1/2-inches in size.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat until frothy, about 30 seconds. Combine the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Coat the salmon pieces in the seasoned flour and pat to remove any excess flour. Dip the floured salmon in the egg whites and then into the Parmesan mixture, gently pressing the mixture into the fish. Place the breaded salmon pieces on a liberally oiled baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with the olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- For the Dipping Sauce:.
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and parsley (or chives, if using) in a small dipping bowl.
- Arrange the fish sticks on a serving platter and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Cook's Note: The fish sticks can also be dipped in ketchup, marinara sauce, pesto, ranch dressing or vinaigrette.
This is fantastic! I used Captains cut Cod - everything else was exaclty as listed. One of my favorites to date!! Delicious.
Wow, this was incredible! I saw this episode of Everyday Italian last week & thought this sounded good. Made it tonight & followed the recipe fairly closely. I bought 2 salmon fillets that weighed about 600g together, so I cut down the egg, crumb & parmesan to 2/3 of the recipe, which was the perfect amount. I didn't use flour at all & used rice crumbs instead of breadcrumbs to avoid gluten. I cooked on baking paper & sprayed with olive oil to reduce the fat content. DH groaned from the very first mouthful until everything was finished. Served with sweet potato oven fried chips for a fantastic, easy dinner. Thanks for sharing this winner.