1/1 Photo of Parmesan Salad Bowls
- Carla -'s Note:
Parmesan bowls are delicious, easy to prepare and make an impressive presentation for salads. Make these using any bowl you would normally use as the mold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray an 8-inch non-stick saute pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 2Heat the pan over medium heat.
- 3For each Parmesan bowl, sprinkle 1/3 coarsely grated Parmesan to the bottom of the saute pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan.
- 4Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- 5When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over any (flipped upside down) bowl you would normally use.
- 6Now, I like to place a paper towel (or two) over the grated Parmesan to soak up any oil, while I gently press/mold the grated cheese to the bowl.
- 7Allow a few moments for your Parmesan bowls to cool before removing.
- 8Divide salad among the cooled Parmesan bowls, serve and Enjoy! :).
- 9For a dramatic effect, tilt the bowl on the plate, allowing the greens to cascade out of the bowl onto the plate or try using different shaped molds for your Parmesan bowls.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Salad Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 891.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g