Parmesan bowls are delicious, easy to prepare and make an impressive presentation for salads. Make these using any bowl you would normally use as the mold.
- Spray an 8-inch non-stick saute pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- For each Parmesan bowl, sprinkle 1/3 coarsely grated Parmesan to the bottom of the saute pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan.
- Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over any (flipped upside down) bowl you would normally use.
- Now, I like to place a paper towel (or two) over the grated Parmesan to soak up any oil, while I gently press/mold the grated cheese to the bowl.
- Allow a few moments for your Parmesan bowls to cool before removing.
- Divide salad among the cooled Parmesan bowls, serve and Enjoy! :).
- For a dramatic effect, tilt the bowl on the plate, allowing the greens to cascade out of the bowl onto the plate or try using different shaped molds for your Parmesan bowls.