1/2 Photos of Parmesan Salad Bowl
Larry E Vaughn's Note:
This idea was the result of a comment on my parmesan crisp recipe stating that they liked to drape the crisp over a coffee cup while still hot to make a little bowl. I was about to prepare dinner, so I thought I would try it. This is a delicious way to serve anything that would taste good with parmesan cheese in or on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet red pepper
- 1Preheat broiler with rack on the middle shelf.
- 2Place parchment paper to cover broiler pan.
- 3Lightly spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- 4Place 4 ounces of the grated parmesan in the center of the pan.
- 5Flatten the Parmesan out into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Sprinkle with dried red sweet pepper.
- 7Broil 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and slip paper onto a cooking rack.
- 9Prepare pan with a second sheet of parchment paper.
- 10Prepare remaining parmesan and cook as before.
- 11Meanwhile, remove parmesan from the first paper and drape over an inverted cereal bowl and let cool ten minutes or more.
- 12Repeat this process for the second batch.
- 13Makes two very pretty bowls.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Salad Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.0
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 1737.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 43.7 g