Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This idea was the result of a comment on my parmesan crisp recipe stating that they liked to drape the crisp over a coffee cup while still hot to make a little bowl. I was about to prepare dinner, so I thought I would try it. This is a delicious way to serve anything that would taste good with parmesan cheese in or on it.
- 8 ounces coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet red pepper
- Preheat broiler with rack on the middle shelf.
- Place parchment paper to cover broiler pan.
- Lightly spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place 4 ounces of the grated parmesan in the center of the pan.
- Flatten the Parmesan out into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with dried red sweet pepper.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slip paper onto a cooking rack.
- Prepare pan with a second sheet of parchment paper.
- Prepare remaining parmesan and cook as before.
- Meanwhile, remove parmesan from the first paper and drape over an inverted cereal bowl and let cool ten minutes or more.
- Repeat this process for the second batch.
- Makes two very pretty bowls.
Brilliant idea, and so easy! I can also imagine making small parmesan bowls and serving a poached egg and something light like finely sliced lettuce in it. Great recipe, thanks Larry!
Awesome! Was the perfect Parm Bowl for a bed of Romaine, drizzled in a homemade Caesar dressing! VERY fancy, but VERY easy!
I have tried this with chedder cheese and made taco salads with it when doing the South Beach diet, parmesan would be great with a caesar salad inside. Thanks for the great recipe.