Recipe by Kristoljones
Savory, crunchy and so juicy! These are a favorite around our house. My husband loves them with parmesan garlic mashed potatos. This recipe is based on one from Feb. 2001 bon appetit, although I simplified it for busy moms. I also usually use 1/2 grated Ramano and 1/2 grated parmesan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional, but really good)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in a pie plate or shallow bowl and set aside. Beat eggs in a medium bowl and set aside. Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour. Dip pork chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- In heavy large OVENPROOF skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Place skillet into oven. Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 150 F (about 20 minutes -- less for boneless).