Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory, crunchy and so juicy! These are a favorite around our house. My husband loves them with parmesan garlic mashed potatos. This recipe is based on one from Feb. 2001 bon appetit, although I simplified it for busy moms. I also usually use 1/2 grated Ramano and 1/2 grated parmesan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional, but really good)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in a pie plate or shallow bowl and set aside. Beat eggs in a medium bowl and set aside. Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour. Dip pork chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- In heavy large OVENPROOF skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side). Place skillet into oven. Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside and meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 150 F (about 20 minutes -- less for boneless).
I made this same recipe submitted by Ron Merlin but cannot find it on this site anymore. The amount of sage is incorrect. It should be 3 teaspoons (1T). It is a very good recipe.
Very nice. I had thin pork chops, so skipped the oven finish and just put the lid on the pan for a minute after sauteing both sides. Very tasty.
DEE-LISH!! These are just so yummy and pretty easy to make. I think they'll be a new family favorite. Thanks for posting the recipe!